Situate the academic credential in context by learning about the qualifications framework and particular characteristics of the relevant education system outside Canada.
|For internal procedures:
To obtain this information, consult the issuing country's Web sites and/or contact the competent authorities. These are usually the:
- Learn about the particular characteristics of the issuing country's:
- education system structure;
- types of educational institutions within its classification structure;
- quality-assurance practices;
- legal framework that enables the:
- operation of educational institutions (e.g., the use of the term “university” in its name);
- delivery of academic programs;
- issuing of specific academic credentials (e.g., degrees).
- Learn about the types and levels of academic credentials typically issued within this education system:
- use the qualifications framework (if one exists).
- government ministry/department responsible for education;
- quality-assurance/accrediting agency;
- licensing and professional authorities for regulated occupations;
- national information centre.
Use CICIC's Directory of Offshore Schools and International Education Resources as a starting point to locate the names of competent authorities for specific countries.