About CICICContact us Fr
The Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials

To have your qualifications recognized in order to work in Canada, the first step is to find out which organization is responsible for assessing your qualifications and what documents are required. Arranging for your documents to be sent while you are still in the country in which they were issued can save you considerable time and money.

Visit CICIC's Directory of Occupational Profiles to identify the organization responsible for recognizing qualifications in your occupation.

Occupation name or NOC code:
Provinces and territories of Canada:

Get information on academic credential assessment services

Some organizations in Canada responsible for the recognition of academic credentials may not have the capacity to assess the international academic credentials you are presenting to them.

This may be the case when you apply:
  • for admission to an educational institution for further studies;
  • for professional certification, licensing, or registration in a regulated occupation;
  • for a job with an employer in a non-regulated occupation.

These organizations may sometimes rely on external academic credential assessment services to support their internal process. Six members of the Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada (ACESC) can provide this service.

Upon completion of an academic credential assessment for general purposes, you would receive an assessment report, which in turn could be provided to the organization responsible for the recognition of your international academic credentials.

Get more information on how to obtain an assessment for general purposes.