Your academic record is an important factor in a competitive admission process. You will be asked to provide proof of your academic credentials, which might include:
- diploma(s) or degree certificate(s)
- transcript(s)/mark sheets/index
- detailed course outline(s)
If the documents are not in English or French, an official/certified translation might be required.
As part of the admission process, the institution will assess your previously completed academic credentials. Through this process, they:
- verify the authenticity of your documents;
- compare those with similar credentials issued in the provinces and territories of Canada;
- award transfer credits (if applicable).
Each institution has sole authority to determine the recognition of academic credentials for the purpose of admission to that institution.
It is strongly recommended that you gather all supporting documents while you are still in your country of origin to facilitate the process.
Visit the Web site of your chosen institution for more information on its specific requirements.