Apply for the International Experience Canada (IEC) program

Canada has negotiated bilateral youth mobility agreements with more than 30 countries and territories. Under the International Experience Canada (IEC) program, foreign youth aged 18 to 35 can get a temporary work permit, allowing them to travel and work in Canada.

Whether you want to take a gap year before starting post-secondary studies, complete a co-op or internship abroad, or gain international work experience after graduation, IEC can help make it happen!

For more detailed information on the requirements for this program, visit IEC's Web site.