Work in Canada after completing your studies

After completing your studies in Canada, some immigration programs could enable you to settle in Canada temporarily or permanently.

To work temporarily in Canada, determine your eligibility and apply to the: To work permanently and/or become a permanent resident of Canada, determine your eligibility and apply to the:

For information on other immigration programs to Canada, visit Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada's Web site.

Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)

The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) allows participating provinces and territories of Canada to nominate immigration applicants who wish to settle permanently in their jurisdiction.

For information on the PNP, visit the Web sites of the ministries/departments responsible for immigration in the provinces and territories of Canada.

Immigration to Quebec

Under the Canada-Québec Accord, Quebec establishes its own immigration requirements and selects immigrants who will adapt to living in Quebec.

For more information on immigration to Quebec, visit the Web site of the ministère de l'Immigration, de la Diversité et de la Francisation du Québec (MIFI).