Learn about the qualifications frameworks and the particular characteristics of the 13 education systems in Canada.
For internal procedures:
- Learn about the particular characteristics of the 13 provincial and territorial education systems in Canada, such as:
- structure of the each education system;
- types of educational institutions within each classification structure;
- quality-assurance practices;
- legal framework, enabling the:
- operation of educational institutions (e.g., use of the term “university” in its name);
- delivery of academic programs (e.g., vocational training registration);
- issuing of specific academic credentials (e.g., authorization to issue degrees through ministerial consent).
- Learn about the types and levels of academic credentials typically issued within each of the 13 education systems through:
- their respective qualifications frameworks;
- visual diagrams that illustrate the various levels found in their respective systems.