If available, search your organization's information systems to locate contextual resources. You may also consult other members of the assessment community to obtain further assistance.
For internal procedures:
- Search for any similar application previously processed by your organization. It may be exactly the same or share similarities, such as the name of the:
- issuing educational institution;
- academic program completed;
- academic credential obtained after completion.
- Consult samples of fraudulent documents received in the past if you have doubts about the authenticity of the documents. It can be useful to note any trends and/or similarities between previously submitted fraudulent documents and those that you are currently processing.
- Consult other internal and external resources to support your process. CICIC's tool box can support your research process and provide a space to consult with other members of the pan-Canadian academic credential assessment community.