Gather and compare the applicant's demographic information with those found in the documents and the educational chronology.
For internal procedures:
- Confirm the applicant's essential demographic information appearing on documents, such as:
- name (current and previous);
- date of birth;
- country of birth;
- address (current and previous, when available).
- Gather and sort all documents by date in order to learn about the applicant's educational chronology;
- Compare the essential demographic information against the overall educational chronology. Having this overview may help you better understand:
- the timeline/chronology;
- the accuracy of the information;
- whether the file is complete; and
- whether the typical and expected academic pathway is coherent.
- Check for any noticeable inconsistencies, such as:
- non-identical demographic information;
- irregular or atypical academic pathway from one credential to the next;
- overlapping periods of study; and
- the physical location of the applicant and educational institution.