Documents are processed according to internal policies and procedures and compared against your organization's document requirements.
For internal procedures:
- Create an applicant file, consisting of a:
- paper-based process; and/or
- digitized process.
- Sort documents by type, for:
- processing; and
- assignment to an employee responsible for the assessment.
- Digitize copies of all documents received, for electronic storage (if applicable);
- Compare your organization's document requirements against the assessment application package received:
- identify missing documents as well as any justification to explain why the package is incomplete (if applicable).
- Confirm, through an initial quick screening, the essential demographic information in the documents, such as:
- name (current and previous);
- date of birth;
- country of birth;
- postal address (current and previous, when available).
- Confirm, through an initial quick screening, whether the documents were issued by the appropriate authority.