Before leaving Canada to work abroad, you may wish to find out:
- whether your intended occupation is regulated in your country of destination;
- which organization in your country of destination is responsible for the recognition of your credentials and qualifications;
- what is the procedure for obtaining a credential assessment for internationally trained individuals.
To obtain this information, you can contact the country's:
- national information centre;*
- ministry or department responsible for the labour market and employment;
- regulatory body or professional association for your occupation.
CICIC's Directory of International Labour-Mobility Resources provides contact information for some countries.